Monday, October 4, 2010

Surgery Again!

How many surgeries can one person endure in one year?  Obviously if it's not your choice, more than one.
As is the case with me.
I was rushed into emergency surgery earlier this year to find out that they almost lost me on the operating table as i lost 2/3 of my blood volume to internal bleeding from a sudden uterine rupture when I was 5 months pregnant.

Not only did i lose the beautiful baby boy we had been waiting 4 years for, we had to creamate and have a funeral for him.To make matters worse, I also lost my fertility.  I'll never, NEVER be able to have children again.  This is not what I wanted to hear when I had waited for 4 years for my son, nor did i want to hear this when our life plans as a couple and family were to have 4 children.

I couldn't believe it...I still don't believe it.  From pregnant and feeling the joy of my baby boy with me to having to have involuntary tubal ligation now only months later.

No comments: