Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tubal Ligation Cancelled!

If you didn't read the last entry "I'm Choosing Life with Tubal Ligation"  then click onto it on the right and read it first, for this post to make sense. (I've included the meaningful videos here too.)

Well, the day has come and gone.  But....... my husband made a very honorable gesture and gave me a very VERY special gift.  He's getting a vasectomy instead of me having to have a tubal ligation.  He feels I have gone through enough physical trauma for one year (major abdominal surgery, and a knee injury), and now it's his turn.  I have been very blessed by his decision and I'm choosing to follow his lead...what a relief.  I don't have to go to the hospital, yet again.

The night before the TL surgery John was reading the last blog entry I posted.  As he watched the videos and even though I had already cried several times that day and was in the middle of cleaning the last few things I wanted to tackle in the house before the surgery, I heard my little one Sasha beginning to sob.   Then I stopped what i was doing and the tears came over me again, then John, who was watching the video held both of us and tears began rolling down his cheek.  Kaneeka who was washing the dishes and peering over her shoulder watching everything transpire stopped the water, took off her gloves and stood silently in the midst of the sadness.  I released John and Sasha and held Kaneeka, holding her and rocking her. Through my sobs came "I'm sorry I can't give you a brother or sister anymore, I'm so sorry"  "It's okay mommy, you already gave me a sister and two brothers, it's okay, I understand."
I held her close and soon we melted together onto the floor and held each other tight while I sobbed. "Mommy can we cuddle in my bedroom?"  So I released her and went back to embracing John and Sasha.

 "I mmmmiiiissss Weeeesssstttlllyyyy" Sasha sweetly cried out through her soft sobs.  Gripping the little blue puppy stuffie that represents our little Westley, that's only the size of my hand, the same size he was when we held him in the hospital, she layed her head in my bosom and released many many more of her tears.  Together, me and Sasha sat in the strong arms of John's embrace.
"I don't know if it's a good idea Sital, for you to get your tubes tied."  John said.
"What?  The night before the surgery you're changing your mind?  We've been leading up to this for months!" I replied

The girls and I got ready to lay down to bed as I had a headache from all the crying that day.  John came and cuddled for a while and we prayed about what was the right thing to do.  The Lord spoke clearly to John and Kaneeka and said to them that I shouldn't do it.  John stayed up until the wee hours of the night researching which is the better choice.  He contemplated, and prayed some more.

In the morning, I sat at the kitchen table while he presented me with a load of info he printed from his research and said...."Sital, I really feel like I should do it instead of you.  I know we were planning this but God gave us a brain to use our knowledge and make an educated decision."  So we called the hospital and told them we weren't coming, and the surgery was cancelled.  We spent the day at the beach counselling with each other about our decision and praying about many aspects while the girls played in the sand and water.  So here we are, John's going to bank sperm in case we want to have a surrogate in the future and then will book his vasectomy.  When I told my dad, the surgery was cancelled, he was so relieved...I guess he didn't want to see me go through another surgery either.  Thank you dad for your support.
There's a lot more to this story...leave a comment to let me know if you want to hear about it, or I'll just leave it at that.  Thanks.   Remember to light a candle on Friday Oct 15th, to remember our babies.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

God really had His hand in things when he joined you and John in marriage. He is amazing. Now I understand your email about it was cancelled. Even a better path! Easier recovery for John, than you. I would LOVE to hear the remainder of the story. Please share. God bless you John!

Unknown said...

Wow Sital!!

I am so glad that God spoke to John. and to see the love between the two of you. wow how you are going through this as a total family. to share this with your kids. I am glad you are going through this as a family and not struggling at this alone.

let me know what happening. Kyle told me that he would get one too as I have gone through so much but Im waiting....... its now affected the bedroom so now I am now looking into surgery for me. I know it would be harder on me we will see. i just don't think he really understands. as he gives me so many excuses. I hope and pray that God can talk to Kyle and show him me heart and my struggle. Hearing John has given me hope thanks

Irene

thanks for your sharing and caring.

Julie D. said...

Irene, thank you for your honesty. We've got to talk some more on this. Try to google the topic and see what you come up with, I'll send you some info John collected that night too. Love you my friend.

Melanie, I will share more of the story soon, just so "computered out" It's been a very emotional last few days that i'm going to take a bit of pc screen break, and then share more. You're the sweetest!