Friday, April 22, 2011

One year and I love you SO MUCH.

Here's a video I made to remember my baby on his first heaven birthday April 22, 2011.  The grief experts say it's important do something like this to express my love to him and bring healing.  If you're sensitive to picts of a preemie then skip the video, otherwise enjoy, he's beautiful.


One year ago today I was about 6 months pregnant. I was staying at a relatives house for the week and it was time to head home. Moments before going to my car I fell to the floor in extreme abdominal pain. I was rushed to surrey memorial hospital. The baby's heartbeat was fine and strong. "No this can't be related to her pregnancy." declared the doctor.

Hours passed, the pain did not subside, but I was NOT in labour. Surgery began to identify the problem and later because the doctor found a serious complication that wouldn't allow his continued normal growth, my baby had to be removed, alive.

But...
he was too small to survive.

I got to hold him but was totally out of sorts because of the drugs they put me on.
What little I remember was that he was a boy, he was beautiful, he was a perfect baby, and he was just a bit bigger than my hand. I could see the shading of his organs through his thin skin. His eyes were closed, which indicated that he was well on in his development just a week or two away from being big enough to survive.

We named him Westley and gave him his father's name for his middle name John. Westley John, our son, brother to his three siblings.

I want to hold and snuggle you close my son. I miss all you were going to be. In heaven it must be so wonderful to know and meet Adam, your brother. I never got to hold him. I miss him too. I Love you so much, so much, SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUUUUUUUUUCH, SO MUCH it hurts :'(

I finally had the strength, besides all my fears of what 'people would think' or 'what insulting things they may say to me' because there's been more than a few insulting and hurtful comments through my journey of grief and loss, to publish a well deserved memoriam to honor my son's life because he lived from the moment of his conception to the moment he entered heaven. Who does that to a person who's experienced such deep and searing loss?  This is my grief!  Mine! Not yours! I will do what I need to do heal, don't put more on me that I don't need.  My tears of grief are so precious, I need them to heal.  I don't need your judgement of me to add tears of condemnation from you!  Maybe you don't understand what it's like to lose something so dear, someone whom you carried with you 24/7 for half a year and dreamed of having for so many years.  Maybe you did lose something and don't know how to process your pain.  If so, cry, get counselling, and do something significant like a private memorial, so that you can find peace within your own heart and not look for it from others.

My son, is a loss like any other human being.  He lived, he's loved, he died, he's remembered and deeply, indescribably missed.  And he continues to live -  forever in heaven.  You'll meet him one day, he'll be a handsome fellow and he'll greet you with a warm smile.  Be sure to give me a long hug, you who are reading this, the next time you see me or my hubby.  The more hugs the better the healing.


 The newspaper "The Coast Reporter" on the Sunshine Coast of BC has the memoriam published for this April 22, 2011. Exactly one year from the date he met Jesus.

8 comments:

Brendan's Blog said...

Very powerful. Thank you for sharing this. I pray for you and you family. Please know that BIG hugs are sent your way!
We love you!
Bonnie, Grant & Brendan

Unknown said...

How special of a video you have of Wesley. It show how special he was and how loved he is . You guys did an awesome job. What a blessing to share his life and how much he was loved.

Thankyou for reaching out and sharing this gift with us i feel so blessed that you have shared this with us.

i am thinking and praying for you all today. I pray that Jesus give you a big hug and gives you something special from Wesley.

Irene Kyle Faith Sarah Josiah

vamp princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for being brave enough to share your touching story. I'm sure that Adam & Westley will appreciate your love for them and are smiling at you from Heaven. I feel so blessed for having shared your video and story. Big hugs if I ever see you. My prayers of healing are with you.

Blessings,

Melissa

Julie D. said...

thank you Bonnie, Irene, and Melissa. I appreciate you're comments deeply.
blessings to you,
Julie

Dayna Gayle said...

Beautiful. Your video and blog helps you and many others. Your faith guides your healing journey, which does not mean loving Adam & Westley less; but loving them even more. I'm in Sechelt, if you think it is ok, may I put a link to your blog on my griefwork blog?
http://52weeksgriefwork.blogspot.com/
I would put it on this page:
http://52weeksgriefwork.blogspot.com/2009/08/week-17-losing-baby.html
blessings,
Dayna.

Anonymous said...

I am very saddened that I will not have the chance to know your beautiful baby boy Westley. I know that he would have been another treasure in our family to love and hug and laugh with.
We love you Sital, John and the girls our hearts are with you. Sending you thoughts of warmth, courage, strength and most importantly HUGS xoxo
John, Caren, Ben and Sarah

Julie D. said...

Dayna and John, Caren & Sarah, Ben & Cassey,
Thank you all so much for your loving thoughts and sweet words. They mean so much to me.

Dayna, I would be honored to have you link to my blog. I've tried so hard to find a way to contact you to let you know but there was no way to contact. I tried to find a way to leave a commenting your blog, for an email, in the yellow and white pages.

All of you feel free to contact me by phone or email. Preciousdiamonds9@gmail.com